Houston City Council to meet Feb. 19
The Houston City Council will meet at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19.
According to the published agenda, the following new business is scheduled for discussion:
1. Public speakers
2. Recommendation from the director of the General Services Department for approval of final contract amount of $1,768,280 and acceptance of work on contract with Millis Development and Construction Inc. for Herman Brown Park, 5 percent over the original contract amount and within the 5 percent contingency. District I, Rodriguez
3. Recommendation from the director of the Department of Public Works and Engineering for approval of final contract amount of $16,835,885.35 and acceptance of work on contract with Lem Construction Co. Inc. for Southwest Wastewater Treatment Plant improvements, 1.82 percent over the original contract amount and under 5 percent contingency amount. District C, Cohen
4. Recommendation from the director of the Department of Public Works and Engineering for approval of final contract amount of $727,490.51 and acceptance of work on contract with Peltier Brothers Construction Ltd. for pump and lift station replacement for the Westway Utility District Lift Station, 8.34 percent under the original contact amount. District A, Brown
5. Recommendation from the director of the Department of Public Works and Engineering, reviewed and approved by the Joint Referral Committee, on request from Sandra Williams, on behalf of Shasta Holiday Inc. (Ron Rau, president), for abandonment and sale of Jarmese Street from Coffee Street to the east property line of Lot 19, located within the Southland Acres Subdivision, Parcels SY13-022, SY13-040 and IT13-006. District D, Adams
6. Recommendation from the director of the Department of Public Works and Engineering to purchase and pay relocation assistance expenses for Parcel AY10-257, located at 36 Soren Lane, owned by R.E. Huffstetter, II, for the Fulton Paving and Drainage Project from East Tidwell Road to East Parker Road. District H, Gonzalez
7. Recommendation from the director of the Department of Public Works and Engineering to purchase Parcel LY10-040, located on Northline Drive between Rosamond Street and Parker Road, owned by Poseidon Holdings LLC, John Stergiou, director, for the Northline Reconstruction Project from Parker Road to Canino Road. District H, Gonzalez
8. Databank IMX LLC for OnBase software and software hosting through the Texas Department of Information Resources agreement for the Housing and Community Development Department, $397,739.73—TIRZ Affordable Housing Fund
9. Amend motion No. 2007-742 7/3/07 as amended by No. 2012-458 6/20/2012 to extend the expiration date from July 8, 2013 to July 7, 2014 and to increase spending authority from $6,101,637.66 to $8,951,217.66 for firefighter uniforms for the Fire Department awarded to Lone Star Uniforms Inc., $2,849,580 —general and other funds
10. Resolution approving and authorizing the nomination of Foster Wheeler USA Corp. to the office of the governor's Economic Development and Tourism through the Economic Development Bank as a Texas State Enterprise Zone Project. District A, Brown
Members of the City Council are Helena Brown, Jerry Davis, Ellen R. Cohen, Wanda Adams, Dave Martin, Al Hoang, Oliver Pennington, Edward Gonzalez, James G. Rodriguez, Mike Laster and Larry V. Green.
The meeting will be held in the Council Chamber, 901 Bagby St., Houston.
For more information, visit www.houstontx.gov/citysec/agenda.html.
Local Advertising by PaperG